Thursday, April 3, 2008

News

So living in this apartment is a lot of fun. I'm getting very close with my roommates and I've been doing some really fun things in Tel Aviv. Last week my friends and I found a flier advertising what we thought was a bassist from France leading a band of local musicians in some venue in Tel Aviv. We decided to go to the show and check it out. We show up and the place is a bit empty and there is some DJ there. We just assumed that the DJ was performing as an opening act before the main guy. We hung out and danced for a while before we realized that the DJ was the advertised act and that we were mistaken. We wanted to hangout for a bit and get our money's worth so we stayed for a while. We saw that the majority of people coming into the club were guys and that was juts adding to the already overwhelming male majority. There were butterflies hanging from the ceiling and some floral decorations too. We quickly deduced that we were in a gay club. We didn't want to leave just because it was a gay club because that would make us look like bigots so we stayed for another 10 minutes and then left.
I learned the other day that one of the guys who I volunteer with was taken directly out of prison a few months back to take part in the gardening project that I do. He's a nice guy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're doing a good thing with the gardening project. Keep up the good work.